Become a Reassurance Specialist
Are you interested in helping disabled and elderly people from the convenience of your own home?
CONTACT Reassurance Specialists maintain daily telephone contact with elderly who live alone and the homebound by checking on their well-being, helping them adjust to changing situations, and guiding them to cope with the problems of aging.
Reassurance Specialists make a significant contribution to many who would otherwise be left in isolation. The 6-hour training program is taught by experts in the topics of active listening for senior adults; telephone emotional support, and suicide prevention. Portions of the training may be taken online.
Requirements of a Reassurance Specialist:
- Must own a working telephone and Internet-enabled computer
- Complete a 6-hour training from CONTACT Reassurance staff
- Able to cover at least four 3-hour shifts per month
- Maintain anonymity and confidentiality with clients
- Report any cases of emergency to CONTACT Reassurance staff for further action
If you are able to meet these requirements, you are an eligible candidate to become a CONTACT Reassurance Specialist. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on future trainings.